Dubai, best known for its skyscrapers and high-rise structures, envelopes a blend of commercial, industrial and residential buildings. As the city becomes a global hub for commerce, new buildings are constantly filling up its skyline. Cleaning services have played an important part in not only protecting the attractiveness of Dubai’s landmarks but also its office spaces, stadiums, residential apartments, car parks, warehouses and more.
As a land of expats, cleaning services is one of the most sought-after businesses in Dubai. These services offer utmost convenience to professionals who lead busy lives and spend a major part of their days out of their homes. With such little time to get any cleaning done, they largely depend on cleaning services for the maintenance of their homes. In an online survey of 200 Emirates residents, conducted by Service Market, up to 50% of the respondents claimed that they prefer availing cleaning services.
Scope of the building cleaning service business
Building cleaning services have gained immense popularity on account of increased construction activities, growing investments in real estates and high disposable income of people. The services typically include the following:
- Industrial cleaning – Industrial cleaning mainly deals with the cleaning of large office blocks and other corporate buildings.
- Commercial cleaning –Commercial cleaning is a specialised and highly skilled service. It involves janitorial services for retails, factories, warehouses and such other outlets.
- Residential cleaning –Residential cleaning focuses on households and is a popular choice of service in Dubai.
Building cleaning services include the cleaning of interior, exterior and outer areas of buildings and often involve a variety of methods, equipment and chemicals for the cleaning process.
Is it worth starting a building cleaning business in Dubai?
According to a study published by Industry Arc, the UAE cleaning services market is likely to grow at an annualized rate of 5.3% till 2026. There has never been a greater demand for cleaning services as many of us return to workplace after the peak of the coronavirus pandemic. Cleaning services in Dubai is a lucrative business venture and the benefits are hard to deny.
- Low start-up costs– Starting a cleaning business involves minimal monetary concerns at the initial stage. All that’s needed are a few basic cleaning products, which can be upgraded as the business grows.
- Work from anywhere – Cleaning business requires no shop floor or warehouse, so you can run your business from anywhere and set your own hours for the jobs.
- No qualifications required – Management skills and cleaning operations know-how are some skills required to run a successful cleaning business. However, no specific qualifications or certificates are needed.
- Specialty services – Commercial cleaning businesses can take advantage of the growing need for speciality cleaning services like HVAC cleaning or upholstery care.
At Flyingcolour, we provide a simple and effortless approach to start business in Dubai. If you are interested, reach out to us at +971 4 4542366 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Please Note: This article was published on 24th May 2021. The information provided in the article is based on the policies and rules applicable at the time of writing it. Talk to one of our consultants for any recent updates or changes.