Overview About Jebel Ali Offshore Company (JAFZA) in Dubai
- In 2003, the Jebel Ali free zone authority (JAFZA) established laws for the registration of JAFZA offshore companies within the Jebel Ali free zone.
- International financial regulators hold JAFZA offshore in high regard.
- It is permissible to have 100 percent foreign ownership.
- A bank account for a JAFZA-registered offshore corporation can be opened in multiple currencies.
- A registered agent is required to register a JAFZA offshore corporation.
- A JAFZA offshore corporation is not permitted to rent an office in the United Arab Emirates.
- In order to form the firm, shareholders must come to JAFZA in person.
- The offshore firm JAFZA is unable to perform banking or insurance activities.
- The Dubai Land Department has granted JAFZA the right to own freehold homes in Dubai.
- Offshore enterprises operating in the JAFZA zone are permitted to own shares in onshore businesses.
- On the public register, the names of stockholders and directors are not listed.
- According to the Ministry of Economy, all offshore enterprises must submit an ESR notification starting January 2019.
- Government-imposed VAT does not apply to offshore companies.
Key Benefits of Forming Offshore Company in Jebel Ali Free Zone Authority (JAFZA) in Dubai
Privacy and Anonymity
Low operational cost
Owning shares in other onshore companies
Operational bank account in multi currency
Invoicing internationally for trading and services businesses
Owning freehold real estate in Dubai
Owning shares in mainland LLC
Popular Business Activities in an Offshore Company Registered with JAFZA Dubai
Asset or share holding
Investment holding in form of stocks, precious metals and funds
International consultancy services
Holding IP rights
Documents Required to Register Dubai Offshore Company
Utility bill clearly showing name and address not older than 90 days
Bank reference letter from any recognised bank or bank statement
CV for the share holder
Duly filled in application form
Any other compliance process adopted by an authority or registered agent
Minimum Legal Requirements for JAFZA Offshore Company Registration in Dubai
- Minimum one shareholder is required.
- Corporate company can also be a shareholder in an offshore company. However, all attested documents are required for a foreign corporate company.
- Having director is must in an offshore company. Director names are not available in the public domain.
- Appointment of secretary is must in JAFZA offshore.
- Share holders names are not available on public domain.
- An offshore company formation in JAFZA Dubai is not allowed to conduct any business inside UAE.
- An offshore company formation in JAFZA Dubai is allowed to own asset inside United Arab Emirates