Dubai Airport Free Zone (DAFZ)
Dubai Airport Free Zone was established in 1996 as a part of the Dubai Government’s strategic plan to be an investment driven economy. Dubai Airport Free Zone is one of the fastest growing free zones in the region and is currently home to over 1300 companies from various industry sectors, including aviation industry, pharmaceutical products, logistics & freight, jewelry, IT and mobile phones accessories.
International investors can enjoy dynamic growth through Dubai Airport Free Zone’s excellent incentive packages including 100% tax exemption, 100% foreign ownership and no currency restrictions. Located strategically within the boundaries of Dubai International Airport, Dubai Airport Free Zone offers a range of modern facilities with a state-of-the art infrastructure.
Dubai Airport Free Zone is located in the emirate of Dubai, which has rapidly risen to the proud position of being the business and commercial hub of the Gulf and Middle East. Dubai has established a position of leadership in the economic development of the region. Moreover, Dubai’s strategic location offers access to developing markets with over 1.5 billion consumers – encompassing the member states of the Gulf Co-operation Council (GCC), other Arab countries, the Asian subcontinent, parts of Africa and Europe, and countries of the Common wealth of Independent States (CIS).
One of Dubai Airport Free Zone’s strengths lies in its location within the boundaries of Dubai International Airport, one of the fastest growing airports in the world. The airport currently services over 120 airlines serving more than 200 destinations worldwide, and is considered the Middle East’s premier airport. According to projections, 60 million passengers are expected to use Dubai International Airport by 2010. Located adjacent to Dubai International Airport, and therefore within easy access of Dubai Airport Free Zone, the Dubai Cargo Village is a state of art complex with the capability of handling 1.5 million tones of freight annually. Dnata’s Free Zone Logistics Centre (FLC), a dedicated freighter terminal for both scheduled and charter operators, is located in the Dubai Airport Free Zone. It offers flexible, cost-effective handling options, as well as an efficient link between the Free Zone community and Dubai’s main cargo terminal in the Cargo Village. The FLC has been designated the Dubai Airport Free Zone’s community service provider to act as a conduit for cargo between the aircraft and their own storage areas. The FLC is located on a 26,000 sqm site, which includes a docking area capable of handling up to 50 trucks. Some 200 sqm in the FLC is dedicated to specialized storage facilities including cooler, freezer, vulnerable and valuable storage rooms. Incentives for investors at Dubai Airport Free Zone include
- Dubai Airport Free Zone’s location within the boundaries of Dubai International Airport
- Investors enjoy the facilities provided by the Dubai Cargo Village and the FLC Air Cargo Terminal
- Online customer service
- Investor-oriented management
- Environmentally-friendly activities and procedures are actively encouraged
- On-site customs inspection
- Companies at Dubai Airport Free Zone can operate 24 hours a day
- Easy accessibility to Dubai Airport Free Zone building and offices within
- Abundant and inexpensive energy · Easy availability of inexpensive workforce
Dubai Free Zone Company Formation
Dubai Airport Free Zone offers a wide range of high quality, free-sized offices, available for rent on an annual basis by advance payment. Investors are permitted to tailor their office units to their unique requirements, and to create an environment that reflects their company’s identity or corporate branding. Every office unit offers central air conditioning, with individual thermostat controls. Also, each office is equipped with a Fiber Optic Network for high speed digital lines, UPS, Sprinkler System and an advanced Fire Detection System which is linked to the Dubai Airport Free Zone Fire Control Room.
- Wall-to-wall windows
- Electricity, water and air-conditioning are provided free of charge
- Interiors of individual offices have to be insured by tenants
- Ample parking facilities are available for each Office Unit
- Security available 24 hours a day
- Rest-rooms are on each floor
- Cleaning services are provided by Dubai Airport Free Zone, and included in the 10% service charge levied at the time of rental
- Curtains, carpets, fire-control system, data and telephone sockets are provided
- It is the tenant’s responsibility to install any private equipment and maintain the same in the office unit
Light Industrial Units
High-quality thermally insulated and purpose-built units are available at Dubai Airport Free Zone on an annual rental basis. For tenant convenience, offices are available on the ground and mezzanine floors of each unit. In addition, a ramped exit and an emergency exit are located in the rear of every Light Industrial Unit (LIU). Flexibility of construction permits tenant’s use of the LIU as either a warehouse for storage or distribution, or as a factory for assembly and light production. If required, multiple units can be utilized to suit individual requirements.
- LIUs are located conveniently close to the airport apron
- Parking space for four cars is available in front of each LIU
- Round the clock access
- Two toilets are provided per unit
- Pantry is located in each unit
- Air-conditioning is provided in the office areas. Additional installation will be at the tenant’s expense
- Waste disposal will be undertaken by Dubai Airport Free Zone
Company Registration in Dubai
Types of Trade Licenses Available
Companies accepted for operation in Dubai Airport Free Zone will be granted an Industrial License, Trading License or Service License by the Free Zone Authority. Companies have the option of renewing their licenses for a period of either one or three years. More than one license can be obtained. If such a company wishes to conduct business and sell its product within the UAE it may do so by appointment of a UAE official distributor or any other company holding a valid trade license. However, such a company can obtain services or products from firms operating in the UAE by itself without the need for a go-between. Dubai Airport Free Zone does not grant General Trade Licenses to companies under any circumstances.
Get A QUICK QUOTE
Setting up a business in the UAE can be an overwhelming experience for the uninitiated but we can make this job truly easy for you. Talk to our expert consultants for free & decide the best course of action for yourself, today.