In the biggest acquisition of 2019 so far in UAE, international technology company UBER has acquired Careem for US $3.1 billion. Many businesses are targeting to deploy fleet of cars with UBER app but are not sure how to go about it.
In this blog, we look into the steps to register a company / driver with UBER.
How to start an Uber business in Dubai
UBER requires from each driver a professional license provided by RTA (Road and Transport Authority), Dubai in order for an individual to work qualify working under UBER app with his vehicle. But as per RTA, no individual is directly qualified to hold professional license. This is only possible under a luxury motor vehicle services company. The individual driver must have a visa from the company. The vehicle should also be registered under the name of the luxury motor vehicles company.
Activity description for Limo company Dubai UBER
Activity Name : Luxury Motor Vehicles Services
Activity Group : Transport, shipping and storage
License Type : Commercial
Activity Description : Includes firms specialized in providing passenger transport by luxury motor vehicles within or outside cities or as per order.
How to get limousine license in dubai
Following are the requirements to register Luxury Motor Vehicle Services Company.
- License is issued by Dubai Department of Economic Development (DED).
- An approval is required from Road & Transport Authority (RTA), Dubai.
- AED 5 million fund availability is required to be shown to RTA.
- Detailed business setup plan including financial liability of project is required by RTA.
- It is mandatory to start business with a minimum of 20 vehicles.
- Once the license is issued, shareholder has to sign an agreement with RTA which is valid operating contract.
Under this license, the licensed driver can drive a car utilizing UBER’s platform.
Flyingcolour business setup, accounting and Tax services Dubai – UAE, can assist in A to Z with Business Setup in Dubai for Luxury Motor Vehicle Services company / limo company dubai for uber.
This article is written by Mr. Raj, Chairman, Flyingcolour business setup, accounting and tax services Dubai and can be contacted on 00971505585305 / email@example.com