How to Get an Industrial License in Dubai? | FlyingColour
Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors
Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

How to Get an Industrial License in Dubai?


The Emirates has created free zones in the UAE that accelerate economic growth. The visionary leadership of the ruler of Dubai has turned things upside down. The Emirate has diversified the economy by liberalization, and other economic reforms and focused on developing the infrastructure for starting the industries and making the UAE a center of business. 

Economic Diversification in Dubai

The Emirate of Dubai is in a strategic location in the Middle East focused on retaining more foreign entrepreneurs, international businesses, and organizations that provide access to the local and international markets with modern infrastructure and pro-business regulations. 

The government has removed the restrictions on bringing foreign technology, investment, and skilled talent to Dubai that improves the economy, and diversified it away from oil and gas while focusing on trade, exports, tourism, manufacturing, and engineering.

What is an Industrial License in Dubai?

The Industrial License authorizes you as an individual to pursue the business or register a company in Dubai to perform different industrial activities such as manufacturing, processing, and other allied industrial activities.

The business ecosystem is regulated by government authorities and agencies that easily streamline the business processes, organizing, and maintenance of an open industry environment. According to the UAE laws, four main types of licenses are mandatory for companies to acquire who are planning to perform business, trade, or any sort of industrial operations in the UAE such as

  1. Trade License
  2. Industrial License
  3. Commercial License
  4. Professional License

Documents for obtaining an Industrial License

  • Company’s registration.
  • Copy of Passport of shareholder.
  • Copy of National Identity of the UAE local sponsor.
  • Memorandum of Association with the local sponsor and shareholders.
  • Blueprint of the Factory plans.
  • The business model of the factory.
  • Data on the production costs.
  • Land Lease Agreement for the site when approved.

Requirements for obtaining an Industrial License in Dubai

Local Sponsor

To acquire an industrial license company in Dubai, the company must have a local sponsor in Dubai having 51% percent of the shares, and foreign investors are allowed to have the remaining 49%.


The businesses have their physical warehouse within the country to obtain the license.

Capital Requirements

The company must have a minimum capital of AED 250,000.

Local Industrial License

The company registered in the UAE must have a local industrial license to operate in the UAE market.

The procedure of setting up a company in the UAE with the help of a local sponsor is quite streamlined. The process is quite elaborate as the business should be registered and complies with all the partnership requirements for obtaining an industrial license.

FlyingColour Business Setup in Dubai Services help you in setting up the business and also clear the path to obtaining the industrial license. Our team takes care of all the formalities and necessary documents required to obtain an industrial license without any hassle and also helps you in retaining the maximum benefits offered by the UAE Government.

1800+ Real Customer Reviews on Google. Click here to Read