What is DHA?
Healthcare professionals in Dubai require DHA LICENSE to pursue their career in medical field. This healthcare license is issued by the Health Regulation Department (HRD ) of the DUBAI HEALTH AUTHORITY(DHA). Professionals in healthcare sector need to have DHA license and to get this they need to pass a skills and assessment test conducted by the authority.
Documents required for DHA license
Below is the list of documents requiring to apply and activate DHA license in Dubai:
- A recent photograph (passport size)Copy of your valid passport
- Professional’s Educational qualifications
- Professionals Experience certificates
- Practice license or registration
- The Good Standing Certificate (GSC)
- A 2-year surgical logbook (for surgeons)
- A medical fitness test in case the applicant is aged 65 and above. You can get this done at any of the visa medical centers in Dubai
Once DHA license application is approved, applicant needs to submit below documents for activation:
- An offer letter from your recruiting facility
- A malpractice insurance certificate from your recruiting facility
Who Can Apply For The DHA License?
The DHA health department is responsible for issuing the license to the professionals who have a good standing in their work, who have proper skills and qualification to serve their healthcare services to the residents of Dubai.
The categories under which Professionals can apply for a DHA license in Dubai to carry out their services includes:
- Physicians (including Surgeons, Anesthesin, etc)
- Complimentary and Alternative medicine
- Allied Healthcare
After a category, there are also 202 specialities that the Professional can choose from, based on their own speciality.
How to apply for DHA License
There are few steps which a professional has to go through to get DHA license issued from the authority. This process is quite long but authority made it straightforward at the same time.
Below are the steps:
STEP 1: THE SELF ASSESSMENT TOOL
- Visit the Sheryan self assessment portal online
- Enter the required information and submit
- Portal will review the information shared in the application whether the applicant is eligible or not to be a part of Dubai Medical Registry based on the information shared
- If the professional is eligible he will be moved to next stage. If not then they can opt for manual review of the information shared. For this professional need to
- Fill and submit online application with the required details and documents
- Need to pay 200 AED fees online
- Manual review result will come in 7-10 working days
STEP 2: CREATE A SHERYAN ACCOUNT
Once the self assessment is filled online, applicant need to create their credentials under DHA Sheryan portal. Below are the steps to be follow.
- Applicant to visit-DHA “Single Sign On” portal
- Click on “Register New Account”
- Fill up the required details
- Click on “Register”
Once above steps are fulfilled, applicant will receive authentication details on registered email id.
STEP 3: THE PSV AND CBT ASSESSMENT
Professionals with required skills and qualification need to pass through Primary Source Verification (PSV) and CBT assessment.
– Primary Source Verification (PSV)
It runs through various sets of checks based on the qualification, skills, background and information submitted by the professionals in DHA application. This is done to select the most deserving, genuine applicants to reach Dubai Medical Registry.
– CBT assessment
This assessment need to be passed by some of the healthcare professionals like doctors, dentists and nurses. An independent examination board is being conducted by DHA by Prometric to test applicant’s skills at different levels
After passing thorught the above test applicants is now require to register himself for DHA license in Dubai.
STEP 4: GET REGISTERED
Applicants need to register on DHA sheryan to formally process their license application. This follows simple process:
- Click on the “Register a Professional”
- Fill up the relevant information
- Upload the required documents
- Need to make online payment towards DHA registration fees (AED 200) and click on submit
Application will go back to DHA for review, based on PSV and assessment. Further authority will approve, reject or return the application for more information.
STEP 5: ACTIVATE PROFESSIONAL LICENSE
Once the professional received approved application from authority, they are now registered DHA professional. Further professional need to activate zDHA LICENSE online with below simple steps.
- Apply for DHA license activation through online username and password
- Submit offer letter and malpractice insurance certificate
- Pay license activation fees (AED 1000 – AED 3000)
After activation, the DHA will issue an interim license till the time the original one is delivered to you.
DHA LICENSE FEE STRUCTURE
APPLICATION & REGISTRATION FEES
|Manual Review (if required)||AED 200||AED 200|
|Apply for Registration||AED 200||AED 200|
LICENSE ACTIVATION FEES
|License Activation – Full-Time||AED 3,000||AED 1,000|
|License Activation – Part-Time||AED 4,000||AED 4,000|
|License Delivery Charges||AED 20||AED 20|
*The prices are subject to change. Contact us to know the current prices.
This blog is written by Ms. Uzma, Business Advisor at Flyingcolour Business Setup, VAT and Accounting Services, Dubai. If you have any question regarding getting a DHA license in Dubai or any similar license anywhere across the UAE then please contact us at +971 4 4542366 or email us at info[at]flyingcolour[dot]com.