About Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi is the capital of United Arab Emirates – UAE and largest among all 7 emirates of UAE is a part of Arabian Peninsula and it lies on Persian Gulf. It is the second most populous city in UAE federation after Dubai. Abu Dhabi holds 9% of world’s oil reserves and 5% of world’s natural gas reserves. This oil reserves gives Abu Dhabi one of the highest GDP per capita in the world and making it wealthiest emirates of UAE. After 2009, Abu Dhabi has started focusing on developing non oil based economy and largely in to tourism, real estate and retail. Abu Dhabi’s sovereign wealth fund, the Abu Dhabi Investment Authority (ADIA), currently estimated at US$875 billion, is the world’s wealthiest sovereign fund in terms of total asset value as per 2009 data availability.
Why businessmen choose to do business in Abu Dhabi?
- Abu Dhabi becoming attraction for multinational companies and Small & medium size companies due to its strong oil based and non oil based economy.
- It enjoys a centralized location between Asia, Europe and Africa making it very easy for international trading and logistic businesses
- 0% income tax and 5% VAT makes it very attractive for businessmen originating from high tax paid countries
- There no barriers on businessmen for foreign exchange
- Lately Abu Dhabi also becomes center of attraction because of film locations in many successful films.
Depending on the activity, special approvals have to be obtained from specific Government departments like
- Ministry Of Economy
- Ministry Of Health
- Ministry Of Civil Aviation
- Supreme Petroleum Council
- Abu Dhabi Custom Authority
- Department Of Education and Knowledge
- Abu Dhabi Education Council
- Abu Dhabi Distribution Company responsible for water and power
- Abu Dhabi Food Control Authority monitors all food items imported
- Abu Dhabi Medical Council Governing clinical facilities
- Central Bank Governing all financial activities
- Abu Dhabi Tourism Authority & Department Of Culture And Tourism
Company Formation in Abu Dhabi
License to conduct business in Abu Dhabi can be availed through mainly two different licensing authorities. Flyingcolour Business setup can provide all the advisory related to setting up company in Abu Dhabi.
- Department of economic development in Abu Dhabi issuing licenses for Abu Dhabi mainland businesses
- Different free zone authorities located in Abu Dhabi issuing licenses for businesses located in Free zones
It is very much necessary to understand the business plan in order to fix the licensing jurisdiction.
Companies located in free zones are not allowed to conduct any direct business on mainland. Traders located in free zones have to sell goods through a distributor located on mainland if they want to trade on mainland. In this case 5% custom duty is charged when goods are transported from free zone to mainland.
Process to Register Company
Flyingcolour business setup service can assist to register company and fulfill process and documentation part. The process is as under.
- Choosing the most appropriate business activity
- Choosing the appropriate legal type
- Choosing UAE national share holder or Service agent. ( Flyingcolour business setup services provides corporate share holder / service agent to provide better legal structuring)
- Booking trade name
- Obtaining required departmental approvals / Special approvals.
- Obtaining initial approval / All foreign investors have to obtain an approval from General Directorate of residency and foreign affairs Abu Dhabi (GDRFA) before getting initial approval.
- Renting commercial business place is mandatory to register mainland license in Abu Dhabi
- Issuance of business license
Abu Dhabi Mainland Company Registration
Abu Dhabi economic department is issuing licenses for all businesses located on Abu Dhabi mainland. The most preferred legal types of licenses are as under.
- Sole proprietor – 100% owned by expatriate – professional company
- Limited liability Company – 51% shares owned by UAE national and 49% shares owned by expatriate. Foreign investors can own maximum of 49% in any commercial business activity.
- Partnership / civil company – 100% owned by expatriate – professional company
- Branch of a UAE mainland company
- Branch of a company located in any free zone in UAE
- Branch of a foreign company
- Establishment license – Owned 100% by UAE national
Abu Dhabi Free Zone Company Registration
Free zones in Abu Dhabi provide licensing through independent jurisdictions. The main features about Abu Dhabi free zones are as follows.
- Single window administration
- 100% ownership for foreign investors
- 0% income tax
- State- of-the art infrastructure
- Free zones generally allow trading (Commercial), services and branch of foreign company licenses.
- Free zone registered company cannot rent office / ware house outside free zone.
- Free Zone Company has to appoint a distributor on mainland if it wants to trade on mainland.
To know more on free zones in Abu Dhabi Click here
Flyingcolour assists individuals and corporate in Abu Dhabi for company incorporation, corporate and management services. Our experts will take care of all Government process including licensing, visa processing & bank account opening for Abu Dhabi company registration. We help entrepreneurs in having strong foothold in booming economy of Abu Dhabi. Flyingcolour also has a network of highly trusted partners to provide many services which is directly not provided by us like legal services, translation services and many more in Abu Dhabi.
Flyingcolour’s business setup services in Abu Dhabi
- Mainland company formation in Abu Dhabi
- Free zone business setup in Abu Dhabi
- Company registration with different departments in Abu Dhabi
- Arranging UAE national share holder / service agent ( We also provide corporate share holder and service agent ) for mainland company registration in Abu Dhabi
- PRO services to process visa
- Accounting and book keeping services in Abu Dhabi
- VAT ( Value added tax ) Consultancy and return filing in Abu Dhabi
- Trade mark registration / Intellectual property protection in Abu Dhabi
For business setup in Abu Dhabi, Please contact us and we will be eager to assist you.
Moreover, we can link the company with other reputable service provider agencies in Dubai to facilitate their logistics and ensure efficacy in the management of their affairs. Finally, our consultancy services provide accurate and real-time data that our clients can use to establish the credibility of their businesses.