Abu Dhabi is the capital and second-most populous city of the United Arab Emirates (after Dubai). The city is home to the UAE’s President, a member of the Al Nahyan family.
The free zones in Abu Dhabi are part of the Emirate’s economic diversification policy to boost the local economy and encourage foreign investment. The primary motivator for establishing a business in Abu Dhabi is there are many incentives and services available to shareholders by setting up a company in Abu Dhabi free zones.
UAE has number of free zones across all the seven emirates which are having their own benefits through their category of seaport freezone, airport freezone , mainland freezone etc. Below are the benefits for setting up a business in Abu Dhabi based Freezone :
- 100% foreign ownership
- 100% tax exemptions on import and export
- 100% repatriation of capital and profits
- Exemptions of Corporate tax for up to 50 years
- No personal income taxes
- Pre-built sophisticated infrastructure
- Assistance with workforce recruitment and other support programs such as sponsorship and accommodation.
The majority of the UAE Emirates has created free zones to boost the region’s economy, promote foreign investment, and stimulate growth. Below are few free zones in the Abu Dhabi:
Abu Dhabi Airport Free Zone (ADAFZ)
- ADAFZ is a free zone that encompasses most of Abu Dhabi’s airports.
- It provides free zone facilities, business parks, a logistics park, and business centers
- They service the Abu Dhabi International Airport, the Al Ain International Airport, and the Al Bateen Executive Airport..
- ADAFZ permits the creation of limited liability corporations (‘LLCs’) and Branches..
- Twofour54 is a media freezone that aims to build an Abu Dhabi artistic and media cluster.
- This is a media freezone overseen by Abu Dhabi’s Media Zone Authority
- Many big Hollywood films have used twofour54’s services for production work. In addition, their buildings house the first CNN Academy.
- Twofour54 allows freelancer licenses as well
Abu Dhabi Ports Company (ADPC) Free Zone
- Abu Dhabi Ports controls, maintains, and runs 11 ports and terminals in the United Arab Emirates and Guinea.
- Abu Dhabi Ports has been fully coordinated with the Abu Dhabi Government’s 2030 Development Vision’s economic plans and directives.
- A designated zone that blends the history of our onshore structure with the conventional advantages of an offshore free zone.
- The Abu Dhabi Port Free Zone is transforming the way businesses do business in the city.
- The port’s safety and security does not jeopardize the risk-free nature of operations
Abu Dhabi Global Markets Free Zone (ADGMFZ)
- ADGM is a financial free zone that opened in late 2015.
- ADGM has a common law authority, with laws and regulations based on English and Whales common law.
- ADGM has its own legal structure and their own courts which will hear the commercial disputes against ADGM corporations and other firms who opt in.
- ADGM also approves the use of trust instruments as long as the trust complies with the terms of ADGM’s trust statute.
- ADGM is the most recent free zone in Abu Dhabi and it is Abu Dhabi’s only financial free zone.
Masdar City Free Zone
- Masdar City Free Zone is a commercial center based in Masdar City (the local community) just outside Abu Dhabi’s capital.
- Masdar City is home to the International Renewable Energy Agency’s headquarters (IRENA).
- Masdar’s Incubator Building provides retail and office space for start-ups, small and medium-sized businesses, and multinationals’ regional offices..
Khalifa Industrial Zone Abu Dhabi (KIZAD)
- KIZAD has a broad variety of industry strategies for all forms of business operations such as engineering, logistics, trade, and delivery..
- KIZAD has excellent sea access through Khalifa Port, an ultra-modern deep water seaport that allows for fast bulk import and export.
- The Khalifa Port Free Trade Zone (Khalifa Port FTZ) is a cutting-edge trade, logistics, and manufacturing hub.
Flying Color has a trained team of experts who are well-versed in all of the laws and regulations governing business formation in Abu Dhabi free zones. It will conveniently assist you with Abu Dhabi’s commercial sector development and guarantee significant tax savings.
Get assist of Flyingcolour business setup for Abu Dhabi Trade License
This blog is written by Ms. Manali Chandegala, Partner Relation Executive at Flyingcolour Business Setup, VAT and Accounting Services, Dubai. We assist you in establishing your business setup in Dubai free zone by taking care of the required immigration, banking, insurance, registration, personal, and recruiting requirements. For more information please contact us at +971 4 4542366 or email us at info[at]flyingcolour[dot]com.
*Please Note: This article was published on 25th May 2021. The information provided in the article is based on the policies and rules applicable at the time of writing it. Talk to one of our consultants for any recent update or change.