JAFZA (Jebel Ali Free Zone Authority) is one of the oldest free zone in UAE with home to more than 7000 global companies and business from over 100 countries. This free zone is directly connected with one of the busiest port in the world. JAFZA is one of the most competitive locations to establish your business.
Benefits of setting up business in JAFZA are as below:
- 100 % foreign ownership
- 0% corporate tax for 50 years, renewable concession
- No restriction on capital repatriation
- 0% import or re-export duties
- 0% personal tax income
- No currency restriction
- No restriction on foreign talent or employees
- Ability to mortgage your premises
- On site Customs
There are 7 categories of the business license in JAFZA as below:
- Trading License: People looking to import and Export goods or any products, can acquire this license, as this license caters wider and broader range of activities. Trading License is one of the empowered license in JAFZA as it provides multiple opportunities for the business owner / entrepreneurs to grow in this sector.
- Industrial License: This license issued to people normally involved in the business of manufacturing or production of various products. Industrial license will allow the person to import raw materials to carry out the manufacturing or production of that product and then export the finished good to any other country. The first thing you have to check before obtaining the license is with JAFZA authority if the specific goods production are listed with them.
- Service License: This license is meant to carry out all the legal activities as well as professional activities in JAFZA. Any individual or firms engaged in logistic services like warehousing, storage, cargo or distribution etc. could also go for this license.
- E-commerce License: E-commerce is a business booming all around the world, especially after this current situation. People looking to initiate an e-commerce business for buying and selling of goods, then JAFZA is one of the best place to start with as it provides the E-commerce license to carry out this business effectively.
- National Industrial license: This license can be procured by only those people who has their company’s 51% of ownership acquired by UAE government. This license is designed in the way, wherein the holder shares the same status as local inside UAE.
- Innovation License: This country has always allowed the innovative idea to grow and enable the country to grow and have the uniqueness. JAFZA offers innovation license for the entities that build innovation based models.
- Offshore Registration: One can register the entity as offshore in JAFZA only if it’s established as Limited Liability. It may not be compulsory to have the license. However, it is mandatory to have the certificate of incorporation.
JAFZA is said to be one of the best hub for business, as it offers the freedom to obtain the license, depending upon the nature of business. It is always advised to have an expert advice to establish your business in this area. We at Flyingcolour always concentrate on analyzing the business plan for the best advisory. If you are looking for any assistance on business setup in JAFZA or any assistance in this regards then our experienced and professional experts at Flyingcolour will be delighted to assist you in all possible ways.
This blog is written by Ms. Manali Chandegala, Partner Relation Executive at Flyingcolour Business Setup, VAT and Accounting Services, Dubai. If you are looking to get business license in JAFZA or anywhere across the UAE then please contact us at +971 4 4542366 or email us at info[at]flyingcolour[dot]com.
*Please Note: This article was published on 01st March, 2021. The information provided in the article is based on the policies and rules applicable at the time of writing it. Talk to one of our consultants for any recent update or change.