On 11th of December, 2021, Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammad bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Crown Prince of Dubai, Chairman of the Executive Council of Dubai, announced on his twitter account the wonderful news of Dubai’s 1st step towards becoming the best city in the world. His tweet read- “We are proud to announce that as of today, the government of Dubai has become the world’s first paperless Government.”
The strategy of having paperless Dubai was launched in 2018 and it is great as this was achieved on-time amid UAE’s 50 year celebrations.
The main features of Paperless Dubai are:
- 45 entities, who provide more than 1800 digital services and greater than 10500 key transactions, had announced that going paperless they had been able to save more than 336 million papers
- The paperless strategy helped to save more than 14 million man-hours and more than 1.3 billion AED in cost over these various entities in Dubai.
The Crown Prince had also said- “As we complete a full transition to a paperless government, we are proud to see the ambitious vision of our leadership being fulfilled by the people of our country who have worked hard to enhance Dubai’s competitiveness as a world-leading digital capital and reinforce its profile as a role model in designing government operations and services that enhance customer happiness.” He added, “We mark this achievement with our sights set firmly on the future, and we look forward to providing a fully digital life for residents of the emirate.”
“Four years ago, His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai, had a vision that no Dubai Government employee or customer would need to print any paper document after 2021. Today, that promise has been fulfilled.”- said Hamad Al Mansoori, Director-General, Digital Dubai. He also added, “This accomplishment, which reflects the determination that drives taskforces and teams across Dubai Government institutions, will have a tremendous positive impact on government efficiency. It will enable the optimal use of resources and encourage the greater use of innovation and technology to design advanced solutions and digitization of services and procedures.”
Are you planning for a company formation in Dubai ? Get needful assistance from Flyingcolour
The Paperless strategy was completed in 5 stages:
Phase 1: 2018.
- Six entities: Roads and Transport Authority, Dubai Police, Dubai Electricity and Water Authority, Department of Economic Development, Department of Tourism and Commerce Marketing, and the Department of Land and Property.
Phase 2: 2019.
- Eight entities: Dubai Courts, Dubai Municipality, Dubai Public Prosecution, Knowledge and Human Development Authority, Dubai Health Authority, Community Development Authority, Dubai Customs, and the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs.
Phase 3: End of 2019.
- Nine entities: Dubai Corporation for Ambulance Services, Islamic Affairs & Charitable Activities Department, Dubai Media Incorporated, Department of Finance, Dubai Government Human Resources Department, Dubai Culture, Dubai Civil Aviation Authority, Al Jalila Cultural Centre for Children, and the Government of Dubai Legal Affairs Department.
Phase 4: March 2020.
- Ten entities: Dubai Statistics Center; Awqaf and Minors Affairs Foundation; Dubai Women Establishment; Security Industry Regulatory Agency; Mohammed Bin Rashid Housing Establishment; Dubai Sports Council; Ports, Customs, and Free Zone Corporation – Trakhees; Dubai Maritime City Authority; Dubai Air Navigation Services; and Dubai Airports.
- Launch of the ‘100% Digital Stamp’ initiative.
Phase 5: June 2020.
- Nine entities: Mohammed Bin Rashid Space Centre, Dubai Aviation Engineering Projects, Dubai Future Foundation, Supreme Legislation Committee, Nedaa Professional Communication Corporation, Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum Knowledge Foundation, Dubai Government Workshop, and the Directorate General of Civil Defense Dubai.
Two recently added entities: The Financial Audit Authority Dubai and Dubai Chamber.
The next step:
The DubaiNow Application, that gives access to over 130 smart city services in 12 major categories, will enrich the experience for all Dubai residents. The next five decades are going to see improvement in Dubai’s digital life through advanced strategies.
“Today marks the beginning of a new stage in Dubai’s journey to digitize life in all its aspects – a journey rooted in innovation, creativity, and a focus on the future,” –the Crown Prince declared as the stunning city looks towards a smarter, digitized future.
Flyingcolour Business Setup Services has been helping clients since the past 17 years. For any queries or assistance please feel free to mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us at +971 4 4542366.