Announced in June 2013, Dubai Design District (“D3”) is the latest addition to Dubai’s free zone jurisdictions. The Dubai Design District is a new development towards the east of Business Bay which serves for the region’s growing community of artists, designers and creative’s. D3 represents the inspiring, authentic, and relevant ideas that are shaping Dubai’s future. It has its own beating heart, its own spirit and its own very personal style.
Dubai Design District (d3) aims to engage, inspire and enable skilled talents. It also provides a platform to showcase Middle Eastern creative talent to a larger, global audience.
Why Setup Your Company In Dubai Design District (D3)?
- 0% personal income tax
- No corporate tax for the first 50 years
- No currency restrictions
- No limit on profits and capital repatriation
- Simple laws and legal framework
- Special licensing for design and fashion with freelance permits for artists and designers
- Designers from all over the world located in one area, collaborating and creating promising opportunities for new talent
- 100% foreign ownership
What is Cost To Set Up Business In Dubai Design District?
Setting up costs for a Free Zone Limited Liability Company (”FZ – LLC) or a branch in the D3 is tabulated below:
|Description||Cost in AED|
|Office Space Fee||110 per sq. ft to 165 per sq. ft|
|Office Deposit||Equal to 3 months’ rent|
Types Of License That Can Be Issued at Dubai Design District
- Free Zone Limited Liability Company (FZ-LLC)
- Branch Office
- Freelance Permit
- Food and beverage licenses
- Dual licensing regime
- Migration of Registration
- Company registration application
- Details of shareholder(s)
- Copy of the business plan
- Original Memorandum and Articles of Association (MAA)
- Board resolution
- Passport copy and specimen signature of the manager and the director
- No-Objection Certificate (NOC) from residency visa sponsor
- Proof of share capital
With the establishment of the DFC and d3’s, the Dubai government has demonstrated its desire to turn Dubai into a hub for fashion and business expectations in the fashion, art and design industries are high.
This blog is written by Ms. Nirmala, Business Advisor at Flyingcolour Business Setup, VAT and Accounting Services, Dubai. If you have any query related to business setup in Dubai Design District free zone or anywhere across UAE, then feel free to call +971 4 4542366 today for a quality consultation or please send inquiry to info[at]flyingcolour[dot]com.