The Arab world is a hotbed for entrepreneurship. It’s also the birthplace of some of the most innovative start-ups globally, and women are at the heart of it all. From Dubai to Cairo to Tunis, female entrepreneurs have been driving change since there was even a word for “entrepreneur.”
Women Entrepreneurs Are the Face of Change in The Middle East
There are two major forces behind the rise of entrepreneurialism in the Arab world: first, the traditional family business model has long dominated the region. Second, and more recently, is the rise of new companies founded by young people who have grown up with the internet and social media. This generation of entrepreneurs has embraced digital technology like never before, and they’re making waves across the Middle East.
A quick look around any city in the Arab world reveals that you’ll see more women than men running their own businesses. Here’s why this is happening:
- Women have become empowered thanks to the internet. With access to information about the rest of the world, they’re better educated than ever before. And they see the value in owning their businesses.
- Social media has changed the way people interact. Young people have embraced the concept of network and connecting, regardless of where they live. So, it’s no surprise that more women are finding ways to leverage these technologies to build their empires.
- Financial independency has major role to play in why women are running their own startups. With all the education and knowledge women no longer want to be dependent financially and wish to make a career of their own.
What Do These Female Entrepreneurs Have in Common?
When you talk to these women, you’ll find they have one thing in common: they are all driven by a vision. Their goal is to create something new, something that hasn’t existed before. They dream big, but they’re also realistic and pragmatic. They know that to achieve their goals, they need to take action. They don’t sit back and wait for the opportunity to knock on their door. They are constantly innovating and experimenting with new ideas. This drive to innovate is what separates them from the pack. They’re not just dreaming about doing things; they’re doing them.
How Can You Get Involved?
If you want to get involved in the growing ecosystem of female entrepreneurs, here are some things you can do:
- Support local initiatives that empower women and girls in the region.
- Spread the word on how amazing Arab women are! Encourage your friends to follow them on social media.
- If you know an entrepreneur looking for funding, make sure you introduce her to the right investors.
- Go to events and meetups in your community. The Arab world is diverse, so there will always be events related to women entrepreneurs.
Entrepreneurship is a key driver of economic growth and development. If we don’t encourage more innovation, our economies will stagnate. We must foster an environment where everyone has the freedom to pursue their dreams and ambitions. That means creating a supportive ecosystem that allows everyone—from women to men, young to old, rich to poor—to build their businesses. It starts with education, but it doesn’t end there. As the Arab world evolves, we’ll continue to see more women leading the change.
If you’re an aspiring woman entrepreneur looking for someone to guide you, contact us at FlyingColour. Our team of experts can help you start business in Dubai or grow your existing one. Innovators are taking risks, dreaming big, and building something new. But sometimes, those bold ideas aren’t just good for innovators—they’re good for society as a whole. And when they work, they make our lives better. Let us help you take that next step toward realizing your dream. The future belongs to entrepreneurs like you.