Opening a branch office license may help the foreign investor to market their established company with the same brand in UAE. The company can open the branch office with different business activities such as trading, consulting, tourism etc. There are so many companies already established their branch offices here. Normally two types of foreign company branch in Dubai. First one is representative office and second one is branch office in Dubai.
Branch office represents the parent company with the same activity and same trade name where you can promote, market the parent company product and services and conduct the business activities in the local market to make the profit. It can be open both main land and free zone as well. Opening branch offices are more convenient because the company can engage all the parent company activities to make the profit. To open the branch of UAE Company here, then the parent company must register as a Limited liability company. Sole establishment and civil company can’t make the branch office or rep office. In UAE, a Branch office can hold 100% ownership of the company; the local sponsor will remain as an agent. Agents are not involved in the day to day business operation but they assist the visa process in labour and immigration department.
A representative office is strictly restricted to do the advertising and marketing of the parent company product and services. Rep office can do the promotional business for the product and services.
Documents require setup the branch or rep office.
Parent company documents:
• Incorporation certificate
• Memorandum of article and association:
• Certificate of good standing
• Power of attorney to appoint the general manager
• Company audited statements for last Two years
• Board resolution – To opening the branch office / rep office & To appoint a general manager
All company documents must translate to Arabic duly notarized in UAE embassy, ministry of foreign affairs and ministry of justice.
• Passport copy of the general manager
• UAE local agent passport copy
• Office tenancy contract and EJARI
Documentation process for the license:-
• First, find out the local service agent
• As soon as get the trade name and initial approval, prepare the MOA other documents from economic department and ministry of economy
• To open the branch office, should appoint a manager for company day to day operations. Manager has to get the employment visa under the license
• Branch Office Company requires AED: 50,000.00 refundable deposits to the ministry of Economy during the licensing process.
To find out the office space for the license. As soon as finalize the office location, should prepare the office tenancy and EJARI
Submit all the documents with approval from Ministry of economy to Dubai economic department to issue the trade license.
This blog is written by Mr. Sajith (Business Advisor) at Flyingcolour, provide full guidance to setup branch office license / representative office in Dubai.