Dubai has seen a massive switch to all things digital in recent years, reshaping where, when and how content is consumed. Individuals are spending more time on digital forms of media rather than traditional mediums. Viewers are observed enjoying paid and free options for streaming video and music services; video gaming is gaining popularity across generations; and more people are turning to digital media for entertainment and news.
Internet content providers are seeking to monetize this opportunity and leverage the benefits out of it. Internet content providers offer content for a variety of digital platforms, including websites, blogs, videos, infographics, whitepapers, and more. Unlimited content variety and increasing internet access have provided consumers with an option to access digital content of their choice anytime and from anywhere.
The internet content industry has thrived during the COVID-19 pandemic, becoming a deluge of daily binges teamed with engaging and insightful blogs, articles and news. As restrictions ease and society begins to return to normality, a new era of internet content is expected to unfold.
A glimpse into the digital landscape of Dubai
By creating a conducive environment for digital content through infrastructure and policies, Dubai has now grown into the most digital-friendly city in the UAE. Dubai has also been playing a prominent role in promoting internet content providers and keeping up with the changing digital trends.
Here is a glimpse into the favorable digital landscape of Dubai, which offers unique opportunities to internet content providers:
- The UAE has recorded 9.73 million active internet users in 2020, which is 99% of the total population. Dubai, in particular, stands out for its digital habits and trends, which is reflected in the city’s large-scale adoption of digital technologies.
- Dubai is a highly connected and digitally literate society with a huge impact of the internet and social media on the daily lives of residents. Moreover, the UAE had the quickest mobile internet speed in the world in March 2020, as per Speed test Global Index.
- Smartphones dominate Dubai’s digital consumption, according to Paypal’s 10-country Digital Goods Survey. Dubai has an incredibly high smartphone penetration, which means that the general public has greater access at their fingertips to watch videos and read articles in an instant.
- The younger population is said to have a tremendous effect on the overall digital media industry nowadays. Dubai’s larger young population coupled with wide acceptance for various forms of digital content is expected to offer lucrative opportunities to internet content providers.
- Dubai has the most diverse pool of residents with around 200 different nationalities. This offers internet content provides a huge scope for offering many different kinds of content to meet the diverse needs of the population. This is also ideal for internet content providers who want to serve a niche market.
Also read : Misconceptions About Starting an Online Business
At Flyingcolour Business Setup Services, we provide a simple and effortless approach for setting up your business in Dubai. If you are interested, reach out to us at +971 4 4542366 or email us at email@example.com.
*Please Note: This article was published on 31st May 2021. The information provided in the article is based on the policies and rules applicable at the time of writing it. Talk to one of our consultants for any recent update or change.