If you are living in Abu Dhabi and own a house it’s better to make money due to the growing popularity of holiday homes in the UAE by renting villas and apartments. For the registration purpose, you are required to submit an online application for the permit with Abu Dhabi’s Department of Culture and Tourism to register the villa or flat as a vacation property.
Steps for putting the Abu Dhabi homes as holiday homes or on Airbnb
There are three you are required to consider before registering the home as a vacation rental in Abu Dhabi
- The residential unit must be registered partially or fully in the name of the property owner and should be registered as a vacation home. The tenants are required to own their property as a vacation house.
- Apply for a holiday home permit on the DCT Abu Dhabi website before even listing the house as a vacation rental on Airbnb. The Memorandum of Understanding has been reached between the DCT and Airbnb is registered properties are registered as vacation homes on Airbnb.
- The unit must be a specified private space that is owned by the private home where there can’t be any sort of separate rooms.
Apply for a Holiday Home in Abu Dhabi
Applying for a holiday home permit requires following a few steps
- Create an online account on DCT and start by entering the following details as
- Start by entering the username and full email address.
- Create a password.
- Enter full name.
- Date of Birth & Place of Birth.
- Emirates ID.
- Passport number and Place of Issue.
- Home Address
- Company Address
- Mobile or Phone Number.
- After creating the account, click on the submit button. Log in again using your credentials and take the following documents with you before you begin applying.
- Emirates ID
- Passport number
- Insurance certificate for the home
- Tawtheeq contract
- Tawtheeq number
- The Tawtheeq number automatically enters the lessor’s full name, nationality, Emirates ID, mobile number, and permit on the application page.
- Please cross verify all the information entered. Then, upload the insurance certificate and make a copy of the Tawtheeq.
- Lastly, accept all the terms and conditions then click on the submit button.
- After submission, the DCT and Abu Dhabi will review it for approval.
- You will receive the notification on your registered email address if the application is approved. Log in again to complete the payment.
- Check the tax invoice generated from DCT Abu Dhabi. The payment of the license must be done by using a digital form of payment.
- Download the receipt and holiday homes permit after paying off the payments.
Costs of the Permit
The holiday home license application fee is Dh900 which is non-refundable.
The travel and leisure industry is constantly evolving and opening the holiday home business in Abu Dhabi is profitable in the long term. FlyingColour Business Setup Services helps you in retaining the license and helps you in setting up a holiday home that retains huge profits in the long run.