The Dubai Chamber’s analysis estimates a 5% development for the Dubai Retail Business Sector over the succeeding 5 years. There is moreover an enhancement in the e-commerce activities in Dubai with a 19 % growth and AED 5.5 billion worth of sales noted in 2018. Retail remains the main providers to Dubai’s economy.
Registering a Retail Shops in Dubai
- Retail Shop in Dubai Freezone: Maximum Freezones in UAE offer leisure and shopping facility to the residents and tourists. Therefore, starting a retail business in any of the Freezones of Dubai is valuable as there is a guaranteed footfall. As the Freezones in Dubai are always high on demand with many venture capitalists venturing into the UAE region for business establishment and indulge in global trade. This is possible only if shop is located within that freezone
- Retail Shop in Dubai Mainland: By far the Dubai mainland is the best suited setting for incorporating a retail shop. This is required if the ship location is on mainland
Steps in Setting up your Retail Business in UAE
- License registration with authority
- Lease contract with the shop owner
Areas to focus on before Setting up a Retail Shop in Dubai – UAE
- Business Plan: A concrete business plan with the capital is essential to incorporate a business should be in place. It must contain all practical calculations. A corporate plan supports in understanding the breakeven sum required for business accomplishment and also the funds mandatory for your business to run it smoothly.
- Miscalculating your Expenditures: When bearing in mind a loan for your business, organize your cost of operations with always on a higher cap. It helps in forecasting ahead for any unforeseen rise in operational costs
- Fundamental Start-Up Costs: The cost of incorporating your retail store is reliant on numerous factors, cost of setup being the principal focus there are a lot of other extents where you have to capitalize to keep your business successively going. Again, based on business location, company size and type the business start-up cost varies.
The key cost categories for a new business setup.
- Licensing and Permit Fees
- Initial Inventory
- Store Fixtures
- Equipment and Technology
- Web Hosting
- Services and Supplies
- Business Insurance
- Interior Decoration and Aesthetics
- Professional Services
Taking into consideration above points will ensure your chances of success in business.
This blog is written by Ms. Anushka Singh, Partner Relation Executive at Flyingcolour Business Setup, VAT and Accounting Services, Dubai. If you have any questions regarding starting a retail business in Dubai or anywhere across the UAE then please contact us at +971 4 4542366 or email us at info[at]flyingcolour[dot]com.
Please Note: This article was published on 16th December, 2020. The information provided in the article is based on the policies and rules applicable at the time of writing it. Talk to one of our consultants for any recent update or change.