Nowadays, most people are tense about where their food comes from and how it is being produced because of the rise of the use of harmful substances in farming. Due to the same fact, there are numerous people who are planning to open organic farm in Dubai.
Organic farming is an increasingly popular farming method worldwide. The demand for organic farms is growing worldwide. According to stat, the global organic production sector is currently worth more than $250 million, and by 2026, it is forecasted to exceed $437 billion.
Unlike in different parts of the globe, the demand for organic farming in the United Arab Emirates is excessive. If you are making plans to begin your organic farm in UAE or Dubai, you need to examine this article. In this article, we are going to talk about an in-depth guide to start your organic farming in Dubai. Also, we will discuss some of the important thing factors you want to understand to begin a natural farming commercial enterprise in Dubai.
Benefits of organic farming in Dubai
Dubai is the hub of numerous corporate and private businesses because the emirate provides entrepreneurs with countless benefits. Similarly, the Emirates is also a great place to begin organic farming in Dubai. The following are the top benefits that you may obtain with the help of beginning your organic farm in Dubai:
- Strategic location: Dubai and the UAE are strategically located in the center of Asia and Europe, which makes this country a great place for organic production that may be exported to both continents easily. The proximity of the country to the significant shipping lane ensures efficient and affordable transportation of organic products from the UAE to the rest of the world.
- Favorable climate: The weather of the UAE additionally comes with hot summers and heat winter that is ideal for growing a wide sort of herbs, vegetables, and culmination. The surroundings of the country support entire-year cultivation and extensive alternatives of crops.
- Government support: The government of the UAE has applied several incentives so one can promote and support the natural farming enterprise inside the UAE. Furthermore, the government has additionally developed free zone areas for the agri-tech sector.
- Mineral-rich soil – The soil of the UAE also comes with a high mineral that makes it suitable for the cultivation of numerous crops. The soil helps numerous plants absorb nutrients.
- Relaxed taxation policies – The UAE additionally provides farmers with a huge wide variety of incentives, which includes tax exemption and subsidies. You are allowed to take 100 percent of profits and investments out of doors in the UAE.
Farming activities in the Dubai, UAE & their licenses
In an effort to open organic farm in Dubai, it is crucial to identify the farming activity that you want to conduct in Dubai, UAE. There are countless types of farming activities for which licenses are issued. The following are the three different types of licenses that you can apply for starting your organic farming business in the UAE:
- Livestock farming license: This license allows you to conduct livestock farming in the country.
- Agriculture activities practice license: This license allows you to conduct a vast range of farming activities.
- Aquaculture license: This license allows you to farm fish and other sea creatures.
Steps that you should follow to begin your organic farm in Dubai – UAE
Till now, you have explored numerous essential facts and insights to start organic farm in Dubai. It is high time to explore the significant steps that you should follow in order to start your business of organic farming in the UAE:
➡️Seek initial approval from DED.
When opening organic farming in the UAE, you will require approval from the DED or equivalent authorities for other regions in the UAE. At this stage, you have to apply for a trade license, which involves choosing a name of business for your organic business.
➡️Apply for land leasing and municipal permits.
After getting the initial approval certificate, you have to use it to proceed further with the process of applying for your rent rental or lease from the UAE Ministry. At this stage, you also need permission from several external authorities who will evaluate your projects prior to giving you approval. However, you are also required to seek permission from one or more of the following authorities:
- Food Safety Department at the Dubai Municipality
- Environmental Health Section at Dubai Municipality
- Dubai custom
➡️Apply for a farming license.
After getting land at lease, you should apply for a farming license from the Ministry of Climate Change & Environment (MOCCAE). Remember, the Ministry of Climate Change & Environment (MOCCAE) comes with the potential to provide you with any of the three licenses that we have discussed above. You should submit documents, like site photos, municipal license, lease or ownership contract, and more. The representatives of MOCCAE will inspect the facility of production and either approve the license or provide you with bits of advice.
➡️Apply for organic certification.
Suppose you are planning to focus your business on organic farming. In that case, you are required to apply for organic certification from the UAE Ministry of Industry & Advanced Technology (MOIAT) to kickstart your organic farming in Dubai. In order to get your organic certification, you should submit crucial documents, like lab test results and organic certification for imported raw materials. Remember, the approval process for organic certification will take up to 3 business days.
➡️Apply for a commercial license.
Once you have obtained organic certification and other required documents, you are required to go back to the first step and start completing your previous application in order to apply for a full commercial license to start your organic farming in UAE. You can simply upload all documents to the official portal of Invest Dubai and pay the fees. You can get the license in a few couple of minutes.
How can Flying Colour help you in opening your organic farm in Dubai?
As you have read in this article, starting your organic farming in Dubai is difficult because it involves gathering numerous documents. Flying Colour comes with the ability to provide you with valuable suggestions to make your journey smooth. We can also help you set up your organic farming business in the UAE.
To learn more about starting your organic farming in Dubai, book a free consultation with one of Flyingcolour team advisors, simply call +971 50 5585305 or send WhatsApp messages to +971 4 4542366. you can also drop an email to info (at) flyingcolour (dot) com.
*Please note that this article has been published on 23/12/2023 in accordance with the federal policies and updates at the time of writing. For the latest info please talk to our consultant.