The innovations in Information and Technology have transformed the world like none other and Dubai is no different. The city is quickly adapting itself to be the Technological Hub of the world, proven by the number of IT business setups that have risen in less than half a decade in the mainland alone. The development of technological parks and suburbs like the Dubai Silicon Oasis and the Internet City further concrete the position of Dubai as one the most technologically advanced cities with UAE as one of the most technologically developed countries. The DUBAI EXPO 2020 (1 October 2021 – 31 March 2022), envisioning the importance of technology intervention in our daily lives from communication to food, and medicine to education, have made it one of their core focusing areas.
The EXPO 2020 is seen as a huge opportunity for business setups, acquisitions, and mergers with ample investment openings and demand for products and services. Investments in ICT (Information and Communication Technology) is one of the infrastructural developments the EXPO 2020 is aiming for as it is now an integral part of any professional setup. The organizers expect these investments to be in the areas of software applications, network creation, services, system & storage, data analysis, and social media. Thus, with its sub-themes as Opportunity, Mobility, and Sustainability, EXPO 2020:
- Sets up a global stage for professional setups, attracting people from all over the world.
- Provide an equal platform for StartUps as well as Multinationals so as to have new business relations between diverse company setups.
- With its goals of being “smart”, aims to exhibit and connect with new technologies which help attract buyers and investors
- Provides the way for a technology-based economy in the UAE with Dubai as its prime contributor.
- Establishes an advanced technological “smart city” in the form of District 2020 which aims to provide more opportunities in business setups and startups with its unique living conditions.
- With its debates and seminars on the impacts of IT, provides a platform to share various insights of the new generations.
- Tries to find solutions to address the challenges in the world through technology and welcomes any kind of business setups that contribute to their themes of Opportunity, Mobility, and Sustainability.
- Encourages investments and contributions in the areas of network analytics and virtual communications, thus providing ample aids for innovating business ideas.
EXPO 2020 with its vision of innovation and sustainability provides the right opportunities for both small-scale as well as large-scale company setups in the mainland.