New law will require all to be certified by community development authority.
The private sector must get their licence because when the facility law comes out, it will be more difficult. Imagine, we will have to freeze their work, from an operations point of view, says Dr Al Muthanna, CEO of CDA.
The social care facilities have to be licensed by the Community Development Authority (CDA) in order to start or continue their operations within the emirate and that includes the free zones as well, said a senior CDA official.
Dr. Omar Al Muthanna, Chief Executive Officer of CDA’s Social Regulator and Licensing Sector, told media, “We have worked on a law that will be out soon, Insha’Allah, from the Ruler’s Court and it’s a law to license facilities that provide social facilities”.
Categories and Process
Who and How:
Four categories for professional licenses:
- Social Workers.
- Therapists (psychologists, psychotherapists, behavioral therapists)
- Counselors (marriage counselor, family counselor)
- Special needs teachers.
- Applicant submits completed application form with supporting documents to CDA.
- CDA licensing and regulations department reviews and provides recommendation to the Licensing Committee.
- CDA committee reviews and interviews the applicant and issues a decision.
- Successful applicant receives approval letter and undergoes oath-taking.
- Applicant receives a professional license valid for two years.