Dubai Healthcare City (DHCC) is the first medical free zone in the world. The rapidly increasing population growth and economic boon in the Middle East has given Dubai Healthcare City the impetus to provide local and international patients with an extensive range of medical care. With a total number of 19,523 healthcare professionals in both the private and public sectors including 6,064 doctors, Dubai is the perfect platform.
Following are the types of license we can have under DHCC such as Health, education, Research, Wellness, Hospitality, Retail, Business support, Property services, etc.
TYPES OF LEGAL STRUCTURE DHCC allows the establishment of the following legal structures:
- Branch of a Foreign Company
- Branch of a UAE Company / Establishment
- Free Zone Limited Liability Company (FZ-LLC)
Non-Medical business in DHCC
We can have several activities in DHCC which is not related to Medical or clinic activities like
Professional and Management Development Training
Under this we can have several training program like professional training, Human resources training, Management training, Language training etc. and you can start your training institute under DHCC.
We can have Kindergarten or Nursery in the same free zones.
Personal Care Centre
Salon for gents, ladies or children is very demanding in all areas of Dubai and because of this DHCC allows this activity to have under their free zone. Owner can have 100% owner of the business and operate within the free zone.
Food & Beverage
We can also have coffee shop, restaurant and other cafeteria inside the DHCC free zone. Setting up a coffee shop in DHCC is quite profitable as most of the people are working professional and Coffee is a reason for all their happiness.
We can have trading license inside the DHCC which will be for food trading, garments trading, baby food trading, Computer Equipment Requisites Trading, Computer & Electronic Accessories, Flower Shop, Gents Wears Tailoring & Embroidery Workshop, Grocery Store, Handbags & Leather Products Trading and many more are there which you can have under the DHCC free zone.
Many other businesses you can have under DHCC free zone but we need to be careful while setting up as they follow very systematic process and they have their own requirements which investor needs to fulfill.
Requirements for opening a non-medical business in DHCC
- The first requirement we need to keep in mind is that the company we need to have share capital of minimum AED 50000 which can be increased depending on business activity.
- A commercial unit is must; investor needs to have regardless he/she is going for trading activity or any kind of education training activity as per his/her requirement.
- Average unit size is: 1,500 – 2,000 sq.ft.
- Average annual rent is: 175 AED/ sq.ft. (Negotiable)
- Following fees need to be paid to be register as a commercial activity in DHCC
License fee is required to be paid which is approx. AED 15020
Registration Fee: AED 3,520 (one-time)
Initial Approval fee AED 3520
- Approval will depend on the activity like cafeteria require Dubai Municipality approval, etc.
Process to open a company in Dubai Health Care City
- The initial step is to find a location for the office. Once the office location is secured either through a booking / reservation, we can apply for the license
- Next step is to submit the initial application for review which may subject to approve or reject as per authority
- If approved, you can proceed with signing a lease agreement with the Leasing & Tenant Relations Department on the selected location by paying the license fee and registration fee
This blog is written by Mr Ajmal Idrisi, Business Advisor at Flyingcolour Business Setup, VAT and Accounting Services, Dubai. Setting up a business in Dubai health care city (DHCC) requires lot of co-ordination and hustle which can be taken care of by business setup consultancy. Flyingcolour aims to provide their client’s an efficient and inexpensive business establishment process. Flyingcolour has been assisting clients globally for setting their business (Mainland, Offshore & Free Zone) in UAE having 15 plus years of experience. If you have any question regarding setting up a non-medical business in DHCC or anywhere across the UAE then please contact us at +971 4 4542366 or email us at info[at]flyingcolour[dot]com.
Please Note: This article was published on 10th October, 2020. The information provided in the article is based on the policies and rules applicable at the time of writing it. Talk to one of our consultants for any recent update or change.