Laundry service is a booming sector in Dubai as the number of visitors and residents are increasing every year. Starting a laundry business in this fast running city of Dubai is a good business idea as there are no extraordinary criteria to get in this field; all you need is to hire the right people to execute your business. You need a place and a skilled team to fulfill customer requirement. Because of COVID, most of the businesses are operating through online medium and so laundry service is one of the best businesses to start online as well. Launching a website and app let customers get laundry service without moving out of their home.
Laundry services is a professional license which includes automatic and manual laundries which undertakes washing clothes, curtains, bed-sheets, small carpets, mattresses, leather clothes and products. It can be formed as a sole/civil company or as an LLC.
Below are the basic requirements to start Laundry Business in Dubai
- As per the DED, you need to have a local UAE National working as a local service agent for your business. You will be the 100% owner of your business while the UAE national will get as a Service agent. This will be a sole/civil company
- You can also make the company a limited liability company (LLC) where 51% shares will be owned by a UAE National, whereas 49% shares will be owned by yourself as an expat.
A protection side agreement is provided by as in the case, to protect your profits and management of the business
- Laundry service license requires approval from Dubai Municipality (Health and Safety) section. Inspection will be conducted randomly to check safety of operations
- Location is very important for this laundry business. You need to finalize the place first before going for the license as finding a good place will take time. Also the size of the shop needs to be minimum 400 sq.ft (as per Dubai Municipality, can change at any time)
- Laundry shop needs to be a “No Smoking” zone and cooking or eating should be strictly not allowed inside the shop
- Electrical accessories like Ironing, wiring, washing appliances, etc. needs to be checked regularly as this should not create any unfortunate fire related accidents
Machine and Workers Guideline
In laundry, there should be regular checking of machines and equipments that are used for cleaning and press. There should be different controls for all machines for emergency stopping.
Worker needs to be careful while coming in contact with the clothes. They should be clean and they should wash their hand every time properly. There should be a course of action to take specific actions in case of any emergency.
Right consultants are of great importance for setting up your business in Dubai. Flyingcolour aims to provide their client’s an efficient and economic business establishment process.
This blog is written by Mr Ajmal Idrisi, Business Advisor at Flyingcolour Business Setup, VAT and Accounting Services, Dubai. If you have any question regarding setting up a laundry business in Dubai or anywhere across the UAE then please contact us at +971 4 4542366 or email us at info[at]flyingcolour[dot]com.
Please Note: This article was published on 9th September, 2020. The information provided in the article is based on the policies and rules applicable at the time of writing it. Talk to one of our consultants for any recent update or change.