The Free Zones of the UAE are classic business shelters that provide unlimited opportunities for various foreign investors, entrepreneurs and small and medium-sized enterprises from around the world.
Sharjah Media City (SHAMS) is one of the newest and dynamic media Free Zone located in the Emirate of Sharjah that has made considerable progresses in the creative business sector. In a very short time, SHAMS has transformed itself into a global hub of innovation which attracts the businessmen and entrepreneurs to UAE.
Benefits and Advantages of setting up your business in SHAMS
There are few benefits which one can find in any free zone of UAE such as 100% ownership, full profit repatriation, 0% corporate tax, 0% import & export tax just to nme a few. However, the main advantage with SHAMS is as below:
- Low cost and pocket friendly
- SHAMS offers the cheapest option, as the their aim is to accommodate innovative talent by providing them with affordable packages which starts with as low as AED 5750*.
- SHAMS provides access to a wide range of business activities on a single license with other benefits like 100% ownership, 100 % profit repatriation and no corporate or personal tax etc.
- Time saving process
- The registration process of SHAMS is hassle free and the minimum time frame of 3 to 5 days, one can have their license.
- The adaption of digitalization in SHAMS has made It very simple to eliminate the time on paperwork, which will also make it error free for the client.
- The other best part is the physical presence of the entrepreneur is not required for the license permit and the registration process can be completed even if the person is not available in the country.
- Freelancer License
- SHAMS is designed in such way that it connects the talent with forward thinking community of innovative companies. Hence, freelancer licenses is offered by this freezone which will permit them to work independently as freelance media professionals.
- Freelancer permit is only offered to those who work in the media, education or tech sectors.
- Office Facilities
- SHAMS provides the shared desk facility for the entrepreneurs to run their business smoothly using the co-working space. This is offered as a part of the visa package which gives them the basic requirements such as meeting room, wifi connection and printer etc.
- Entrepreneurs can concentrate on their business while not having to spend money on office, furniture etc. This will not only save the money but will also allow them to focus on their core business without spending much time on looking after other things
- Free space for Exhibition
- SHAMS has helped many companies grow by providing them free space to their exhibit their talent. Exhibitions such as GITEX Expo and Seamless Middle East are the example.
- These companies then benefits with having the strong networking with the regional traders, IT Professionals, Students, Consumers and technology enthusiasts etc.
- Free Training and workshops for clients
- Shams offers media-focused education and training to companies located in Shams, especially those employed directly in the media field.
- It provides free instruction and seminars to clients on photography, film, cinematography, etc. They benefit immensely from the educational facilities that are available on-site.
- Media practitioners can upgrade their skills and improve their experience at workshops, training programs and Q&A sessions held regularly at Shams by business experts around the world.
- New facilities for Media launching
- In order to become a world-class media centre for imagination and innovation, Shams will shortly be opening new facilities for media firms. It aims to inspire talented individuals and to provide more resources to promote a creative-friendly environment.
- Shams Media Services, a division of Shams, has recently entered into a strategic alliance with OMNES Media for the launch of the Influencers Website. This platform will include an interactive digital forum that will allow business sectors to communicate directly with influencers, whether locally or globally, and to engage with them with their business publicity and promotional strategy needs.
Shams Free Zone has been the most favored destination for new media company setups. With a market-friendly atmosphere and a trouble-free licensing process, starting up a new business in Shams has never been so fast and simple before.
If you’re looking to launch a digital media company in Shams, Flyingcolour can assist you with the guidance and advisory to make the process quick and hassle free.
This blog is written by Ms. Manali Chandegala, Partner Relation Executive at Flyingcolour Business Setup, VAT and Accounting Services, Dubai. If you are looking for any consultancy related to establishing a company in SHAMS Freezone or anywhere across the UAE then please contact us at +971 4 4542366 or email us at info[at]flyingcolour[dot]com.
*Please Note: This article was published on 25th February, 2021. The information provided in the article is based on the policies and rules applicable at the time of writing it. Talk to one of our consultants for any recent update or change.