In today’s fast-paced, high-octane life it is no wonder that coffee plays an important role to keep us on our feet. Especially in UAE where the famous Arabic coffee is part of their hospitality, there are many coffee shops to cater to the requirement. But with about 92.05% expat professionals residing in Dubai (as per www.dsc.gov.ae), there is a huge scope for more. If you plan to tap into this lucrative market, you need to consider the following things. The extent to which these factors will come into play will depend on the scale of your company.
Following are a few advantages of starting a cafeteria in Dubai:
- The starting investment cost and time required to form a new cafeteria is very low.
- Not much equipment is required to operate a cafeteria as stuff served there needs minimum preparation.
- Cafeterias provide the professional crowd the perfect place to take their mind off the hassles of their hectic day in order to take a break and de-stress.
- A young crowd with a median age of 30.3 years in 2021 in UAE (as per https://worldpopulationreview.com/countries/united-arab-emirates-population) just simply loves coffee and thus create a huge opportunity for cafeterias.
- Catching up with friends over a cup of coffee on weekends is the perfect way to wash away the troubles of the week. It is a low-budget way to pure bliss and thus holds appeal for all. Hence, the scope of such a business venture is very high.
- A huge part of the clientele for cafeterias are people who like to work out of them- like writers, etc.
- Cafeterias are a routine haunt for the students, school or college-goers of Dubai who not only crave the coffee but likes equally to relax over some other hot beverages or juice or just need a snack (e.g. sandwich, cake, etc.). Thus it is a very lucrative business.
- Dubai is one of the top shopping destinations in the world and while shopping is fun, it can be hard on your feet. Many shoppers tend to catch a break in a cafeteria which when located in one of the malls can gain huge profit.
The License that is required to be acquired from the Department of Economic Development (DED) to form a cafeteria in Dubai is a Professional License.
All required documents should be submitted to DED during application of license approval. Additional permits and No Objection Certificates from Food and Safety Department and Roads & Transport Authority (RTA) may be required as necessary [e.g. Food consignment release license, Pork permit if serving them and Vehicle permit for food transportation] along with approval and No Objection Certificate from Dubai Municipality.
If all documents are in order the license could be approved within a week of conformation of approval.
Also read : Starting a Dropshipping Business in UAE
Forming a new business may feel daunting without the guidance from a trustworthy partner. This process may be made simple with the help of an expert. Flyingcolour Business setup services has been helping clients form companies since the past 17+ years. We can help you set up your new business with ease. Please feel free to mail your queries at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us at +971 4 4542366.