Dubai is synonymous with many things, the skyscrapers, the buzzing local markets, and the growing economy. Dubai is also getting acknowledged for its food trading companies. In order to maintain high food standards, The Food Control Department of Dubai Municipality monitors the food quality and its production process. To legalize your cloud kitchen in Dubai one needs to have a trading and food license.
A cloud kitchen is also known as a virtual restaurant or we can say as a delivery-only restaurant format that doesn’t offer a dine-in facility. Considering the demand for online food delivery, even the restaurant operators in Dubai give priority to the cloud kitchen concept. In Dubai, entrepreneurs and investors have found a reliable option in the cloud kitchen, which gives them the advantage of experimenting with their idea at a minimal cost.
Here are the few reasons why one should setup cloud kitchen business in Dubai:
- High Profit, Low Risk – One doesn’t require a large operational team and hence there are no high overhead costs involved. Also, there is no need to purchase or rent expensive real estate for running a virtual kitchen. It is a very good option for those who wants to start a business with less capital but who can invest the same inflexible food menu options.
- Manageable – Compared to dine-in restaurants, there are fewer tasks in cloud kitchen. One only needs to focus on cooking delicious food and ensure timely delivery. A virtual kitchen only requires an ordering system that accepts orders online and speeds up the process.
- Large audience – In today’s generation most people prefer ordering food online and hence it increases the chances for having more customers as permanent buyers. All you need to do is to keep the menu attractive and maintain food hygiene which attracts more customers which leads to more orders than one can expect.
- Minimum staff – In the cloud kitchen concept, one doesn’t need to hire many people and it is advisable to start a business with a small team, once the business picks up one can hire more staff.
- Easy to market – One can create own cloud kitchen page on any social media and make sure to post enticing pictures of the food, using relevant hashtags to connect with the audience.
With businesses increasingly investing in the Dubai restaurant space, the cloud kitchen format is now fast becoming the preferred concept for opening a new business or upgrading an existing one. One thing we can assure is end-to-end business support that helps you to secure the license.
Also read more: Food Labeling Requirement Standard amended by UAE Cabinet
This blog is written by Ms. Rika Mascarenhas, Partner Relation Executive at Flyingcolour Business Setup, VAT and Accounting Services, Dubai. If you are looking to start a cloud kitchen venture in Dubai or anywhere across the UAE then please contact us at +971 4 4542366 or email us at info[at]flyingcolour[dot]com.
*Please Note: This article was published on 22nd March 2021. The information provided in the article is based on the policies and rules applicable at the time of writing it. Talk to one of our consultants for any recent updates or changes.