Get an Alcohol License in Dubai
Since 7 November 2020, the United Arab Emirates removed the laws that stated that anyone consuming alcohol should be in possession of an alcohol license in Dubai. Drinking alcohol without a license is no longer a criminal offense in the UAE. However, you still require one to buy and possess alcohol in Dubai, UAE.
To purchase or consume alcohol in Dubai, people have to still be over the age of 21 and non-muslim. Despite purchasing or consuming alcohol in Dubai, a liquor license in Dubai is additionally necessary to sell or run an alcohol business in this emirate. The process of obtaining this license used to be long-winded and needs documents. However, now it has become more simpler to apply for this license.
If you are wondering about obtaining an alcohol license in Dubai online, read this article. In this article, we will provide you with an in-depth guide to obtaining this license. Furthermore, we will give you other necessary information about this license.
Whether you want an alcohol license in Dubai for purchasing or consuming alcohol or want to start your alcohol business in Dubai, this guide will help you obtain the license in a more efficient manner.
Importance Of Alcohol Licence In Dubai
Dubai is a city that welcomes foreigners and expats from all over the globe. The city has a vibrant nightlife, and alcohol is available relatively quickly across the city. However, alcohol purchase and consumption are regulated, which is why having a liquor license in Dubai is mandatory. A drinking license in Dubai lets you store, purchase, and transport liquor in your home legally:
- As per tourist laws for visiting Dubai, consuming alcohol in licensed restaurants and pubs does not need a liquor license. However, if you wish to purchase alcohol, you should have a temporary license.
- Remember that a Dubai alcohol license is mandatory for residents who wish to purchase alcohol.
- Earlier, consuming alcohol without a license was a crime. However, after laws about alcohol consumption changed in the year 2020, this rule was made redundant.
Rules For Getting A Liquor Licence In Dubai
There are a few rules that must be fulfilled to get an alcohol license in Dubai online. Below is the list of rules that you must fulfill to obtain this license:
- UAE residents have to hold a valid Emirates ID.
- Tourists need their passports with Dubai entry stamps.
- You have to be above the age of 21 to get a Dubai alcohol license.
- The holder of a liquor permit in Dubai has to be non-Muslim.
What Do I Need To Apply For An Alcohol Licence?
Indeed, like any other license to start your business, you might need a few documents to get this license. Let us take a look at the list of documents that you might need to obtain an alcohol license in Dubai:
- An emirate ID for the residence of Dubai
- A passport for foreigners
The list of documents might not be completed. We recommend you to consult Flyingcolour Business Setup to get a complete list of documents for this license.
Who Can Get An Alcohol Licence?
In order to get an alcohol license in Dubai online, you have to be over the age of 21 or twenty-one. Furthermore, you must be living in Dubai. You must take your Emirate ID into an MMI or African + Eastern store to begin the process. Tourists in Dubai can purchase alcohol at any MMI or African + Eastern or on legalhomedelivery.com with their original passports.
How Much Does It Cost To Obtain An Alcohol Licence?
Numerous people are worried about the alcohol license Dubai cost. For those people, there is a piece of good news. As per the change to alcohol tax in January 2023, an alcohol License is free. It indicates that there is no cost to obtaining this license in Dubai.
How To Apply For An Alcohol Licence
As mentioned above, tourists and residents in Dubai are eligible for a liquor license with an alcohol license Dubai cost. As a result, the process of applying for this license is additionally different for tourists and residents in Dubai.
Let us take a look at the steps for applying for this license as a tourist:
- Tourists must visit any MMI or African + Eastern store in Dubai with their original passport bearing a Dubai entry stamp.
- After visiting any MMI or African + Eastern store in Dubai, tourists are required to sign a form to confirm that they are tourists who understand the rules of purchasing, transporting, and consuming alcohol in Dubai.
- After signing the form, you will get this license.
If you are a residence in Dubai, then you must follow the following steps:
- You must head to Maritime and Mercantile International, also known as (MMI), or African + Eastern stores in Dubai with your Emirates ID.
- After visiting MMI or the African + Eastern store, you must submit the application to apply for a liquor license in Dubai.
- Now, you should wait for the approval.
- Once the license application is approved, you can collect the license from any selected license.
Where Can Alcohol Licences Be Used?
After receiving the alcohol license in Dubai online, you can then use this license at any African + Eastern or MMI store in the city to make purchases. Furthermore, you can use the license to make a purchase of alcohol online. However, you can also use this license to start your alcohol business in Dubai.
Validity Of The Alcohol License
The alcohol license for the residents of Dubai is valid for one year. In contrast, the same license is valid for one month for tourists. However, tourists additionally have the option to extend their license if they plan to prolong their stay in this emirate.
Renewal Of Alcohol License
As a responsible alcohol customer or business owner of alcohol business, you must keep your alcohol license in Dubai up-to-date. If you are a resident, you must keep renewing this license to continue operating the alcohol business or purchasing the alcohol legally.
Why Should You Consult Flyingcolour?
If you plan to obtain this license for beginning a business, then you must consult Flyingcolour Business Setup. We have a team of experts who can help you to obtain this license. Plus our experts can help you set up your alcohol business in Dubai.
To learn more about How to Get an Alcohol License in Dubai, book a free consultation with one of the Flying Colour team advisors, simply call +971 50 5585305 or send WhatsApp messages to +971 4 4542366. you can also drop an email to info (at) flyingcolour (dot) com.
*Please note that this article was published on 13/02/2024 by the federal policies and updates at the time of writing. For the latest info please talk to our consultant