The UAE has become synonymous with luxury malls, shopping arcades, and glitzy hotels. Sharjah which forms part of the Dubai-Sharjah-Ajman metropolitan area is the third-most populous city in the United Arab Emirates, after Dubai and Abu Dhabi.
Sharjah Publishing City Free Zone is herculean first free zone development project in the world, which is committed exclusively to the global publishing and printing business. It was established in 2017 by the Royal Decree of His Highness Sheikh Dr. Sultan Bin Muhammad Al Qasimi, the Sharjah king. Sharjah Publishing City (SPC) is presently being operated by the Sharjah Book Authority, a specific branch of the Sharjah government.
Being the first free zone in the manufacturing and publishing sector of the world, Sharjah Publishing City offers the book industries various opportunities by capitalizing on tax-free benefits. As per the statistics available, the book market in the United Arab Emirates currently stands at $233 million and is expected to triple by 2030. The Arab World with a population of 370 million has a thriving book market which is valued at $1 billion. The companies which plan to set up companies here can also reap the benefit of becoming a wholly independent and a controlled company.
Key benefits of starting a business in Sharjah Publishing City Free Zone
- Get the benefit of zero percent taxation.
- It offers 100 percent ownership of the company.
- 100 percent capital repatriation.
- There are no currency restrictions.
- One gets a full array of business activities related to the publishing and printing sector.
- The entrepreneur gets the advantage of subsidiary licenses, start-up firms, and branches.
- One gets a plethora of facilities like furnished, unfurnished offices and storage.
- A broad range of business activities that are related to publishing and offset and POD printing market.
- An ideal one-stop-shop for government programs, registration, and company licensing.
- Ideal location with direct access to all other emirates, countries of the Gulf Corporation, and near seaports and airports.
- Designed and developed by the government the environment is perfectly suitable for publishing and printing companies.
Also read more on : Benefits of Starting a Management Consultancy Business in Dubai
Sharjah Publishing City Free Zone with its state-of-the-art design and infrastructure is suitable for the entrepreneurs who plan to launch their business in this amazing free zone. To facilitate them it offers a plethora of facilities some of which are as follows:
- Office Services: Entrepreneurs have an option of a minimum space starting with 18 sqm of rooms for their office. The office rental includes office space, car parking space, utility bills, and workroom cleaning.
- Warehouse: Pre-designed warehouses which are cost-effective are offered for establishing new businesses.
- Trade License: The entrepreneur gets on the option of obtaining a license in the SPC free zone which is processed very fast. There are two types of licenses that a company owner can opt for depending on their type of business he or she is into Commercial Business License and a professional / Service License.
If you are looking to set up a publishing company in Sharjah Publishing City or anywhere across the UAE then please contact us at +971 4 4542366 or email us at info[at]flyingcolour[dot]com.
*Please Note: This article was published on 24th March 2021. The information provided in the article is based on the policies and rules applicable at the time of writing it. Talk to one of our consultants for any recent updates or changes.