The Vice President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai, Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, has launched an Urban Master Plan to design a thorough map for an everlasting urban growth in the city – the Dubai 2040 Urban Master Plan . Since 1960, it is the seventh such plan which gets to be implemented in Dubai. His Highness Sheikh Mohammed officially launched his vision for coming two decades that will make Dubai one of the most robustly desired cities to live on a global platform.
Dubai 2040 is designed on His Highness Sheikh Mohammed’s idea of enhancing the quality of life for people making them feeling contented with the city they reside in and boosting up Dubai as a global destination for residents, citizens and visitors over the next 20 years. The extensive vision also aims to for the next major economic and residential developments in the city. The plan follows a strategic framework which combines all urban development master plans in the city and streamlines it with the strategic economic priorities of Dubai along with considering the requirements of the future. With Dubai’s population being grown since the 1960 from 40,000 to 3.3 million by the end of 2020, this master plan seeks to mould a robust future for the emirate.
The key objective of Dubai 2040 Urban Master Plan is to:
- Upgrading of Dubai’s urban areas: Bur Dubai and Deira continue to be placed as the heart of tradition, Business Bay and Downtown as the financial hub, Dubai Marina and JBR s te epitome of tourism and amusement, and launching two new centers where Expo 2020 Centre will be launched as global platform for exhibition & events and Dubai Silicon Oasis Centre will be launched as knowledge and innovation centre.
- Improving the efficiency of utilization of resources
- Developing lively, healthy and wide-ranging communities along with more greenery & leisure areas to provide a healthy surroundings to residents and visitors
- Providing a means of mobility which is both flexible and sustainable
- Fostering better economic activity and attracting FDIs to new sectors
- Enhancing sustainable environment
- Safeguarding the cultural and urban heritage of the Emirate and strengthen the attachment of citizens to older neighborhoods
- Developing a comprehensive legislation and planning a governance model in order to assist a sustainable growth and development.
By 2040, Dubai aims to achieve the following:
- Greenery and recreational spaces will be doubled
- Nature reserves and all rural natural region will hold 60 per cent of the city’s total area
- Several green corridors are going to be established to connect the residential areas ,service areas and workplaces,
- Across the city movement of bicycles , pedestrians and sustainable mobility will be facilitated
- Land area for tourist activities and hotels will increase by 134%, whereas land are for commercial activities will increase to 168 square kilometers
- Land area for health facilities and educational facilities will increase by 25%
- The length of public beaches will rise by 400%
His highness’s ambitious vision is the key to the city’s progression into a mature city.
With all the growth and development taking place in the Emirate, now is the best time to setup a business in Dubai. Flying Colour could be your most reliable partner in setting up a business in the UAE. Flying Colour Business Setup has been helping clients set up their businesses in an easy and hassle-free manner. Mail your queries at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us at +971 4 4542366.